Friday, October 8, 2010

What a day!!!!

We spent the better part part of the day on The Ute Reservation. We went to Hovenweep National Monument which has Native American ruins that are over 700 years old. It was an awesome place. we hiked 2.5 miles up and down and around the canyon. the sites were amazing. Roger and I both find it so peaceful being in such ancient land. It was a wonderful time.

We then stopped at a great little cafe called The Peace Tree Cafe and got some nice healthy wraps for lunch.

Driving back up to Moab we stopped at The Needles section of Canyonlands National Park for another 2.5 mile hike. I find these canyons to be so far superior to the Grand Canyon. It is just stunningly beautiful every where you turn. We also stopped at Newspaper Rock which has Native American drawings dating back over 2000 years. There are a few spots where some very mean people defaced the art but you can look past that and see the beauty in the art.

Tonight we ate at our favorite italian restaurant called Pasta Jay's. OMG it is so good. They really believe in using garlic.!!!

I am crashing now. I have a pick up at 6:15 and will spend 1/2 the day on a photo tour. I can't get blogger to upload my photos from today so I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: