Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fun with Scotty in Canyonlands


OK, 1st of all my sister Tina thinks I am about to lose Roger someplace in the desert and take off with Scotty Pippen. As appealing as that sounds Tina, I don't think I will be able to do that because Scotty is just WAY to tall for me.

Today we headed out to the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. it is stunning. It is actually thte park of the park that is the bottom of the canyon that you look at from the rim we were on the other day. Let me tell you it was HOT out in the desert. It was 87 degrees today and man walking in the desert is crazy. We only did 3 miles today in 2 seperate 1.5 mile hikes. They were very easy and we did it that way b/c of the heat. I had some left over BBQ ribs from dinner last night and we ate them for lunch today. After hiking 3 miles those ribs were the most wonderful things we had ever eaten.

Tomorrow is our treck to Salt Lake City to finish up the trip. I can't believe that we are at the end of the vacation. Just finishing up laundry. Some packing of boxes to ship home tomorrow and then we head out! WOW that went fast

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day! So glad you got this little bit of R & R!